Friday, October 2, 2015

don't follow the crowd

Many folks in second stage recovery work the twelve steps become very loving kind, spiritual and lack knowledge and action to change, and maintain a daily reprieve based on their convictions as to what is right for them. They just want to be liked and told it will be alright. Others want a quick fix and head off to the a doctor who feels helpless due to there lack of knowledge in addiction withdrawal and the time value that weighs into every individual case. They prescribe a sedative and the body is back into the same old hamster wheel cycles of being off balance wanting to get off the treadmill of the emotional highs and lows.
I got lucky I met a Native Woman in my third year and she took me to her people for months and we helped bring sweat lodges and spirit walks and full moon circles to women in all walks of life from all cultures .In 1989 I was introduced to the healing power of nature.Also at that time I met a therapist
Who helped me deal with co-dependency patterns and taught me needs are not negotiable.When in doubt don't, and when the experience is feeling really great say to ones self what is not in the picture, life is a journey and can always be improved on so take it slow, what is yours will come to you because you worked for it.He found my post trauma disorder and gave me the tricks of the trade to live healthily with this almost like an asset, not a liability.Diet, exercise, singing, writing, doing as much for myself as possible and looking for people who validate others worth.In other words nice people in my life. If you don't hear "Hey you did that really great, or see a smile and laughter , get going.Ive added another if there are no animals around or plants get going..
I walked I talked I sweat I walked some more talked and cried laughed and levelled out to find a whole new person in here I never experienced before .Me. I'm clean I'm happy I'm free I choose another way..... better who knows it works for me.....I have come home to my soul.
Sometimes I screw up and have to look for the solutions and I usally find them in old ancient ways, less sugars, more sleep, smile, don't be so serious about life is a big one for me...... Its a journey not a destination, and most important keep it simple!!!! Talk things over with one who knows.
Yesterday I gave a kid 5 bucks and I got a feeling you don't get out of a pill or a piece of dope, or a bottle...... Thanks kid!!!!
If you are always addicted to the process of becoming, soon there will be nothing left to become, and you will be filed with terror.Look to find space quiet silent still and find the still loving place in your heart for yourself, then connect there everyday for the rest of your life make a commitment to yourself to be here to be present to be whole. Help others when you are asked.
Love and Light.  Caite

No comments:

Post a Comment